Sunday, December 22, 2013

Acetate Card

Acetate Butterfly Card

This is my Design Team Card for "Challenges 4 Everybody"

December 2013

The link to this challenge is at the bottom of this post.

This is my Acetate Card

This is easily achieved by measuring your Acetate Sheet to be 1.5 inches wider than your card front - then score 1/2 inch on each side.

Apply double sided tape on your score lines and apply to one side of your card front first making sure it sits neatly into your card side, then put the other side into your card front and glue firmly. As you have originally allowed 1.5 inches you will still have a .5 inch allowance so it's like a balloon effect on the front of your card - so you can easily put large flowers on your card - with this card though you would have to make a matching box as it will not fit in an envelope.

If you need anything clarified to make this card please ask in the comments section.

Hi to all my visitors and followers - to show my appreciation if you become one of my followers I will most certainly return the favor and join yours!

Products used to make this project:
Digi Stamp: Butterfly was from Oak Pond Creations - see link below.
Acetate: Sheet of Acetate cut to size, my card was a 7x5 inch card so the acetate was 7x6.5 inches.
Cardstock: Kaisercraft - Grape CD144.
Cardstock: White - Premium Textured Snow Cap - Core'dinations.
Embossing Folder: Craft Concepts - "Secret Garden".
Roses and Lilies: Enthialy.
Stamp: "For You" - Grace Taylor.
Memento Ink: I used Sweet Plum Memento Ink for the stamp "For You".
Stickles: Black Diamond was used on the circles on the butterfly.
My Stash: Purple Ribbon, Heart embellishment and Hat Pin.
Copics: I coloured the butterfly digi using my Copic Markers:
Butterfly:
Upper Wings: V000, V01, V04.
Lower Wings: BV00, BV02, BV04.
Body: C3, C5.
Centre Wings: V000, V01.



4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful creation sweetie.

    Christmas Blessings.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cathy, I think I'll be doing a couple of these for orders as people have really liked this one. Angexxoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous card Ange. Oh, I totally am in love with the beaded pin. It adds such a classy touch. Thanks for your sweet comment on my post too and inviting me to join your blog. I welcome you too. Have a wonderful holiday season. Aloha from Hawaii.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much, I will join your blog too. It's so hot in Australia at the moment - Hawaii would be nice at the beach. Ange xxoo

    ReplyDelete