Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Challenge Layout "Once Upon a Sketch"

This is my Scrapbook Layout Challenge for "Once Upon A Sketch"

You will find their link at the bottom of this post!

Scrapbook Layout - you will notice I have turned the sketch around for my layout design - this is the first time I have tried it this way.

Close up of beaded lace work I used for my layout instead of flowers.

Products used for this project:
Cardstock: Kaisercraft CD152 Marine.
Paper: Kaisercraft P858 Luggage.
Perfect Pearls Mist: Ranger - Kiwi.
Chipboard Frame: Molossi.
Chipboard: Oct angular shapes - Molossi.
Ink Pads: Dovecraft - Jet Black, Gold and Crystal White.
Versamark: Inkpad. 
UTEE: Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel from "Melt Art".


Techniques: The frame around the picture was stamped with Dovecraft Crystal White Ink Pad, then to keep it wet stamped with a Versamark ink pad and coated with 3 coats of UTEE and dried between each coat with my heat gun which brings it up like a glass finish. As drying the UTEE you will notice the crystals melting.

I used the same effect on the "Memories" chipboard word except for stamping it with Dovecraft Jet Black - it is entirely up to you how many coats of UTEE you apply. It depends on what sort of finish you are looking for. I like to use 3 coats for the desired effect I am trying to achieve.


14 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous layout! I love all the pretty details :)
    I really like your blog and I will follow it with pleasure.
    Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layout and I love the lace with the pearls it looks so elegant. Lovely photo and the journalling in your writing makes this a very special layout.
    Thanks for playing along with us at OUAS this month. Please load your layout onto our OUAS FB page for another chance to win.
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Once-Upon-A-Sketch/150044095058422

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Val - I seem to struggle with sketch challenges so I am so pleased you liked it. Ange

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so very much Sandra, I am following your blog now. Happy Crafting! Ange xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful page! I love that delicate lace and the way you framed the picture with chippies. I am a new follower! All the best! http://mybeaner.blogspot.ca/ come visit sometime! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your lovely comments - I am following your blog. Happy Crafting! Ange

    ReplyDelete
  7. UTEE is such fun to use! And I adore the way you've used the beading work...sometimes its fun & works well to turn a sketch - depending on the orientation of your photo, of course....it works really well, here:):) THANKS so much for joining us at OUAS this month:):)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Lizzy The frame looks like glass using the UTEE but doesn't show up very well that way in the photograph. Thanks so much for the encouragement. I'm trying all different mediums hoping to be accepted on another DT Scrapbook team. Ange

    ReplyDelete
  9. Angela, what a gorgeous layout!! Your lace and chipboard add such lovely touches!! Thanks for sharing your techniques - I need to get out my UTEE and use it again. I adore seeing your journaling in your own hand as part of your page design!! Thanks for joining us for the January Once Upon A…Sketch Challenge and for sharing your layout on our Facebook page! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    Garden of Grace

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so very much Tracey, I would love to try and get onto another Scrapbooking DT Team, you have given me the encouragement to keep trying. Ange hugs xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thankyou Annar for the encouragement. Ange

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely layout. That lace is gorgeous and gives it such a rich look. Thanks for sharing your techniques.
    Thanks also for visiting and your lovely comments on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My absolute pleasure, thank you for stopping by and having a look around, also, thank you for becoming one of my followers. Happy Crafting! Ange xxoo

    ReplyDelete