Monday, February 10, 2014

DT Layout for Molossi Designs

This is project 1 for Molossi Designs as their guest designer for February.

Guest Designer Layout for Molossi Designs 

With this project I have torn the edges of the paper, inked edges with an ink pad and have also rolled the corners of the top piece of paper using a paint brush to reveal the different paper used underneath. I have also applied 3 coats of UTEE to the chipboard cogs which brings them up like glass using a heat gun. 

Note: For the glass effect on the chipboard cogs you paint the cogs your desired colour using a ink pad and ink the cog with a Versamark  Stamp pad. Apply a generous amount of UTEE over the cog and use your heat gun to dry, you will notice the UTEE melting - reapply coats of UTEE until you get the desired effect. With each reapply of the UTEE you will need to keep the surface wet with applying the Versamark Stamp Pad and then more UTEE. I find 3 coats leave a lovely glass finish.

Products used in this project:
Cardstock: Kaisercraft CD133 Cherry.
Paper: Molossi.
Chipboard Cogs: Molossi.
Brads: Molossi.
Green Rhinestones: Molossi.
Distress Ink Pad: Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pad - Pickled Raspberry.
UTEE (Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel): This was used on the cogs which brings them up like glass. I used 3 coats on each cog.
Own Stash: Cog eyelets, die cuts and journalling tags.

Note: The UTEE is a Melt Art Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel - Dimensional Medium for Decorative Arts.


I have entered this layout in the following challenges!


12 comments:

  1. Awww, such an amazing layout for such a precious, happy face!!! Love the gears and how you used the technique to create the shine! Fantastic take on the color challenge and thanks for playing along in my Scrappy Friends color challenge at Creating with Paper & More this month! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful layout and an amazing photo Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much Kelly, I really appreciate you stopping by and would love you to join my blog if that is appropriate. Happy Crafting! Ange xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by Michelle. Happy Crafting! Ange xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic layout with an adorable boy! Have a great day! Kim xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for dropping by Kim, Happy Crafting Ange xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a wonderful layout. I love the papers and how you have the corners peeled back with matching paper in the back. The gears are the perfect touch. I love it.Thanks for stopping by my blog, for your sweet comment and for becoming a follower.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you very much for stopping by Cathy, I do appreciate it so very much and thank you for your lovely comments - I do appreciate it greatly. I have only been blogging since last August and it is growing, I do a lot of work on my blog and try to get at least 10 new projects on my blog every month to keep everyone interested. Thank you once again also for joining my blog - so close to 100 now! Happy Crafting! Angexxoo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a fun page! I love how you did the paper tearing and rolling up in the corners. Excellent work! Would love to have you come by and say hi sometime. :) http://myscrapnstuff.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Nadine, I will check out your blog too hun, I only have 3 to go to the magic 100- only been blogging since last August. Thanks for stopping by. Happy Crafting! Ange:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute layout!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Frosted Designs !! See you again soon!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for stopping by Anita. Happy Crafting! Ange

    ReplyDelete