Saturday, February 8, 2014

Sketch Challenge "Stuck on U Sketches"

This is my interpretation of the sketch challenge for "Stuck on U Sketches" for February. You will find the sketch and their link to the challenge at the bottom of this post.


This is my interpretation of the sketch challenge, I have used the following techniques on this layout, tearing, rolling of paper to form rolls that reveal the underneath paper, faux stitching, distressing the edges of the paper, embossing.


This is a collage of different areas of my layout: 1. The full layout 2. Top tearing and rolling accompanied by a cluster of roses from Enthaily and embellishments from Prima and Molossi. 3. Bottom tearing and rolling accompanied by a cluster or roses by Enthaily, a Prima Brad and a lovely embellishment handmade by Annette Stapylton - a very talented lady.

Products used in this project:
Cardstock - Base Kaisercraft Vanilla CD113.
Paper - Kaisercraft Sweet Nothings Collection P767 "Devoted".
Paper - Kaisercraft Sweet Nothings Collection P769 "With Love".
Paper - Top layer Kaisercraft P769 has been torn and rolled back to reveal butterflies on opposite side of paper.
Fluid Chalk - Distress edges-Inguild Bolme Fluid Chalk Ink - Blossom Red.
Faux Stitching - around edge of paper.
Stenciling - I have used a stencil in the top right corner and the bottom left corner from Balzer Designs called Mini Flower Corner and sprayed with Glimmer Mist.
Glimmer Mist - Tattered Angels Chalkboard Mint Choc Chip.
Brads - Prima - Optimist - purchased from The Scrapbooking Hut.
Modge Podge - Gloss Lustre - Plaid. This was applied to the rolls.
UTEE - Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel - 2 coats applied to butterflies and chipboard frames.
Roses - Enthaily.
Pearls - Molossi.
My Stash - chipboard frames, red adhesive mesh, chipboard little lady, die cuts and butterflies.

Techniques used on this layout:

Faux Stitching - Stitched around the edge of bottom layer of paper.
Distressing - I distressed around the edges of the bottom layer of paper and then applied the Blossom Red fluid chalk ink on the edges.
Rolls - Using a small paint brush roll back the edges where I have torn to form the rolls at the top and bottom of the layout.
Stenciling - I used a corner stencil on the top right corner and the bottom left corner and sprayed over the stencil with Glimmer Mist.
UTEE - I colored the chipboard butterflies, chipboard frames and the chipboard little lady with my ink pads and then applied coats of the UTEE drying each coat with my heat gun until I acquired the look I was happy with.

NOTE: When using the UTEE you need to make sure your surface is wet before applying another coat , I ink my chipboard and while it is still wet apply the first coat of UTEE. Then using my heat gun dry the UTEE, you will see the crystals melt and before you apply your next coat ink up the surface with a Versamark Watermark Ink Pad. Do this with each coat until you are happy with the finish. I find 3 coats brings your chipboard up like glass.

TIP:
If you apply a coat of Helmar's Crystal Kote Gloss Varnish spray to your layout, this will keep the dust off your flowers and pictures over time. I usually do this with all my projects especially the ones with flowers on as it is fabulous for keeping the dust off your flowers and embellishments. Make sure you follow the instructions on the can, I find just one coat is sufficient to keep your project dust free.



16 comments:

  1. Pretty pics and page! Love all the pearls, pretty color combo and flower clusters. Thanks for playing along at SOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nicolle, I try and do two challenges each month. Ange

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so adorable! I am loving all those folds and flowers used. Thanks for joining us at SOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Erica, I love doing the tearing and rolls, it puts like a 3D Dimension to the page - thanks for stopping by. Happy Crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such precious photos you've scrapped! Love all your great techniques! Thanks for playing along at SOUS and hope to see you back again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Charlotte - Thanks for stopping by - would love you to join my blog and help me make it to the magic 100 followers - only 2 away now - Happy Crafting! Ange xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow great layout, love all the rolling, tearing, distressing etc. Great to see you here at sous. bye for now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty page Ange, especially loving the paper rolling and the flower clusters, and the pearls are just too sweet. Thanks for joining us at SOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much Caroleanne Appreciate you stopping by. Ange xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Jane for stopping by, I do appreciate it. Ange xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gosh, the little hands and legs are so precious. The layout turned out great. Thanks for playing at SOUS.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks so much Neela, they are precious and great memories for our family in years to come. Ange xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness…you did so so good with the sketch!
    Love the way you did the photos…which are amazingly sweet!
    Super great job!
    And so so happy you shared this with us!!!!


    ~Leah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Leah, this is one of my favorite's - glad you liked it. Ange:)

      Delete