Friday, February 14, 2014

Twisted Easel Bestie Deco Card

This is my first project as a Design Team member for 3D Besties Deco, you will find the link at the bottom of the page which will take you directly to Sherrie Baldy's newly released range of Decoupage Sheets for her beautiful renown stamps that we all love to color. With these decoupage sheets the coloring is already done for you so you can spend more time on the design of your card - everyone will be wanting these fabulous decoupage sheets. Depending which one you get some come with Sherrie's very own designed beautiful papers as well as the image.

I have used Sherrie's papers on my card as well as the beautiful image!

Don't forget to join in our challenge which starts on the 14th February, we will be having these every fortnight, so gives you plenty of time to create and join us in our challenges. The link is at the bottom of the page!

You can use your own Sherri Baldy stamps in our challenges they just have to show the layering like with the Decoupage Sheets - I can't wait to see your fabulous creations!



This is what I have created with my very first Sherrie Baldy Decoupage Sheet - Twisted Easel Card.


 Side View of Twisted Easel Card


Close up picture of tearing and rolling your papers.


I have made a matching box to present your lovely card in to the special someone.

Products used for this project:
Cardstock: Kaisercraft CD178 Flamingo.
Papers: Sherri Baldy Decoupage Sheet.
Image: Sherri Baldy Decoupage Sheet.
Epoxy Stickers: I cut out the flowers with a 1" punch and put them under a epoxy sticker.
Texture Sticker: Tumbleweed - "Lace".
Mod Podge: Plaid - Gloss Lustre.
Die: Couture Creations - "Doily".
Flowers: Enthaily.
Glass Dots: Prima.
Rhinestones: Molossi.
Pearl Runners: Molossi.
Varnish Finish: Helmar Crystal Kote Varnish Spray.
My Stash: Twine, Die Cuts, Epoxy Stickers and Pins.

Techniques:
Tearing of paper - I have done this using a tearing ruler, then I ink the edges of the paper.
Rolling of paper - I have made 2 rolls at the side and one at the top right - this is a really good way to showcase your other papers that are underneath the top layer and then add some embellishments and flowers to really give your card the 3D look.
Add Gloss to your rolls - I like to add a really thick coat of Mod Podge on the underneath side of your paper as when you do your rolls it shows a lovely glossy effect.
Rolling your paper - I use the smallest paint brush I can find to roll my paper, but make sure you keep the paper tight as you roll with your paint brush then carefully slide the paint brush out.
Epoxy Stickers - I used epoxy stickers after cutting out some of the flowers with a 1" punch and applied the stickers to the flowers - these are glued to the card front near the stopper that allows my card to stand opened.



Visit our blog for all the details of our very first challenge - be sure to join our blog so you are updated with the latest news of the newly released Decoupage Sheets.

These are the challenges I have entered my card in:

47 comments:

  1. Wow this is gorgeous angela, i love how you have rolled the paper i will have to give that a try.
    thank you for the lovely comment you have left on my blog
    hugs
    marie
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ps, i joined your blog last week so look forward to seeing your new posts xx

      Delete
  2. Thank you so very much Marie, it' good we can share and learn from each other. I have a new Scrapbooking page going on my post tomorrow too. Ange xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another stunning card, thanks for joining in our latest Love challenge over at Creative Craft Cottage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card. I love the myriad of textures you've added, and all of the dimension. Thanks for dropping this off at 613 Avenue Create!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Ange. :)

    Smiles Sher

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed reading your techniques! Lovely card! Thank you for joining us at the Cards Galore Encore Challenge #2 -Add a gem or glitter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Beth - I really loved how this one turned out. I like doing cards that are a bit different and bring my scrapbook techniques to my cards when I can. Ange xxoo

      Delete
  7. Thank you Eileen, appreciate you stopping by. Ange:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Sara, I really enjoyed doing this card. I love doing cards out of the ordinary and where ever the creativity takes me. Happy Crafting! Ange xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for stopping by Sher - Happy Crafting! Angexxoo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! I'm loving Sherri's 3D papers!!! Thanks for sharing with us at Love to Create Challenge.
    Zenita (aka Scrappinwith'Z)
    DT member Love to Create Challenge
    http://www.scrappinwithz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so much Zenita, I think these decoupage sheets are going to be very popular.Would love you to join my blog, I will have another creation using these decoupage sheets on the 27th of February - I will pop over and join your blog now. Ange xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Angela! This is so pretty - thanks for sharing in our challenge this month. It's a real treat to have you play along, and I hope you will stop by again soon.
    Karen
    V's Sweet Ideas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Karen I loved making this one, hope I can do another challenge with you real soon. Ange xxoo

      Delete
  13. What a stunning card. I really like all the embellishments and how you used the tearing of the paper to really add texture to the card. This is just beautiful. :D
    Thanks for sharing and joining us at OSAAT.
    Deborah OSAAT DT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Deborah, would love you to join my blog if you can. Happy Crafting! Ange:)

      Delete
  14. Super card, cute image & love your design!

    Good to see you join us for the CAGI Challenge, hope to see you come back soon!
    ¸..• ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.•´ .•´¨¨))*((¸¸.•´ ..•´
    Shell in Alaska ~ CAGI DT ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Shell - hope I will be able to join in with another one of your challenges. Ange xxoo

      Delete
  15. Lovely card ,great image, thank you for joining us at The Squirrel and the Fox with our Love challenge Hugs Tania (DT)xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tania for stopping by, I really appreciate the encouragement. hugs Ange xxoo

      Delete
  16. Oh my! Look at those gorgeous embellishments!! Stunning card :) Thank you for joining us this week at OSAAT and good luck. Hugs

    NIKKI DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Nikki, would love you to join my blog, glad you liked my card. Ange xxoo

      Delete
  17. Your easel card is fabulous! Packed with so many wonderful elements and details! Thank you for joining us at Scrapbook Blessings Club~ Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much Marilyn, lovely of you to stop by. Ange xxoo

      Delete
  18. Fabolous card! great shape and color!

    Thanx for joining us at My Besties Norge
    We wish you the best of luck, and hope to see you back next time!

    Hugs
    Eva Gro
    DT member at My Besties Norge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Eva, i do appreciate it. Ange xxoo

      Delete
  19. In order to be eligible in the Creata challenge there is one simple rule that you need to use a minimum of one Creata product, i dont see anything listed, can you explain what it is that you have used please. thanks Gill DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry didn't realize you had to use a Creata product, where do I get that from, I'm in Australia. Ange xxoo

      Delete
  20. Fabulous! Thanks for sharing at the Love to Create Colour Challenge this week! Mo DT X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mo for stopping by, would love you to join my blog. I have had a lot of interest with this card, as I am new to blogging trying to find a way to build my followers. Thanks heaps Happy Crafting Ange xxoo

      Delete
  21. Beautiful card! Love the image, your beautiful embellishments, and the curled edges of your design! Thank you for joining our Color Challenge over at Love to Create Challenges this week.
    Ruza, LTC Admin/Designer
    Ruza's Craft Corner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind comments Ruza, would you consider joining my blog. Hope to join your next challenge as well if I qualify. Ange xxoo

      Delete
  22. Just beautiful! Congrats on the SBC win! Thanks for playing along with Scrapbook Blessings Club. I hope you have a blessed day,
    Sandy
    ♥ Scrapbook Blessings Club DT ♥
    ♥ A Working Mom's Joy ♥

    ***Scrapbook Blessings Club DT Call ends 2/22/14***

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much Sandy, didn't realise I won! I am so excited - sent you a email - hope you got it. Hugs and blessings Ange:)

      Delete
  23. fab card love all the details ,thanks for joining us at That Craft Place challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  24. beautiful!! Thanks for playing with us at My Besties FR challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stephanie for looking at my card, would love you to join my blog. Ange:)

      Delete
  25. this is absolutely beautiful Ange!!
    Merci d'avoir joué avec nous sur My Besties French Blog. Thank you for playing with us on My Besties French Blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Guylaine, I love doing unusual cards and was pleased how this one turned out. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Ange:)

      Delete
  26. Wow! Love your card, and all the dimensions. Fantastic. Thanks for joining our challenge at Eclectic Ellapu.
    Eithne DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Eithne for your lovely comments, would love you to help me by joining my blog. I am trying so hard to build my followers to 150 by August. Would be great if you could help. Happy Crafting! Ange:)

      Delete
  27. Wow this is so gorgeous!!! Love what you have done with this! All the détails and embellishments are just perfect! Great job! Thanks for sharing with us at My Besties French blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn thank you so very much for your lovely comments, would love you to join my blog as I am working very hard to build my blog. Happy Crafting! Ange

      Delete
  28. Gorgeous card.

    Thanks for joining us at the Crafty Calendar Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thanks Helen, I love your blog and am hoping you would consider joining my blog as a follower as am trying so hard to build my blog. Happy Crafting! I join heaps of challenges with my projects and hope to get some more followers by doing this as much as I can. Ange xxoo

    ReplyDelete