Monday, August 4, 2014

Getting to know ME!

My wonderful Design Team leader and friend Julie Gleeson invited me to play along with a BLOG HOP with a difference.

It's getting to know you blog!

Julie has been a wonderful support and encouragement to me with my journey on the My Besties Decoupage Girls Team and I have and am still loving every moment of it. Julie's creativity is absolutely awesome and I would love you to  Visit My Friend Julie  and leave some encouraging words and lovely comments for all the wonderful projects she has on her blog!

You will find a link to one of my talented friends and Design Team Member for Meet at the Scrappers Corner, Eleonora  at the bottom of this post. She will be posting on her blog next week on the 11th August.

What am I working on now?
Well that is a loaded question, as not a day goes by that I am not helping using my administration skills on one of the newly created Design Teams I am on, "Meet at the Scrappers Corner" or making a new creation for my other Design Teams. At present I am on 3 Design Teams which are My Besties 3D Deco GirlsScrapbook Blessings and Meet at the Scrappers Corner so I am always creating something new and I just love to share ideas and hopefully inspire others.

Here are some of my creations, I always have the links to my card tutorials at the top of this blog page under the card tutorial tab, you will also see a techniques and tips tabs as well. I am adding to these all the time, so please take the time to join my blog and visit regularly to see what I have added under the tutorial tabs.



How does my work differ from others of its genre?
I love creating things that are different, out of the box cards especially all different folds and I absolutely love my flower clusters. I like working out of my comfort zone and pushing my boundaries of creativity. I love all types of paper craft but I must say I absolutely love my cards, but find it a real challenge when someone approaches me for a special order. 

I would love to share with you a couple of special orders I have done, this is the first one a wedding box which was to hold 2 wine glasses for the happy couple.


This large frame I painted and decorated for a client to hold a precious keepsake photograph of her great grandmother who lived till she was 101, when asked to make things like this I truly feel blessed that they are entrusting me with something so special that is recording their family history.

Why do I create?
I purely create because I love to see the joy my creations bring to others, I love to inspire others by what they see I can do. It also is a natural medicine for me which is the main reason I began this journey in Paper craft.

How does your creating process work?
That is a hard question as it normally just comes to me as I work, I never plan the project from beginning to end before I start. If I am making a card I normally have the base card in my mind what I want to create then once I have done that the fun begins! 
Creativity sets in and sometimes I do find it hard to stop. 

With my orders from my clients they normally will request a color scheme and a budget they would like me to work to, I would then look at  the colors in paper, flowers, paint, sprays that they have requested and just begin to create. As a artist you tend to know when it is finished and you feel contented with the finished product.

How do I become inspired and stay inspired?
My Design Teams are my main inspiration and they push me to my boundaries and creativity which I never knew I had. I am always inspired by my Design Team members and love working in a team environment and learning from others. Not a week goes by that I don't learn something new. I have made some awesome friendships through my Design Teams and am always grateful for their friendship and encouragement when needed.

What is my signature style?
I always love to try something different, I'm known for my unusual designed cards and Scrapbook Layouts. I also have a wonderful father who is very creative also and makes  all my wonderful wood pieces I love to create into a project.

My Easel Drawer Card - my wonderful father made the drawer for me and I just decorated it, these have become very  popular with my clients and am working on a double drawer at the moment.

This is a little girl's bag that my father made for me to decorate, he is so clever!


If you'd like to visit an inspiring artist, check out my friend Eleonora Fonseca and Co-Design Team member with me at "Meet at the Scrappers Corner", Eleonora will be publishing her post for this blog hop next week 11th August, I’d love you to hop over and see all her inspiring works.


Eleonora Fonseca is a wonderful artist who has joined us at "The Meet the Scrappers Corner Design Team", where our very first Design Team projects will be posted on the 7th August. Eleonora lives in Brazil and has a wonderful creativity style and is very enthusiastic within her Design Team role. She is always willing to help and I'm sure we will all learn from her wonderful style that she brings to the team. 

 Visit Eleonora Fonseca and see all her wonderfully inspired projects!

I would love to take this moment to send a very special thank-you to all my followers that have taken the time to join my blog, as without you my blog wouldn't of grown so quickly as next month in August is my 1 year anniversary for this blog and I am so grateful for your continued support.

I also still have some beautiful candy to give away once I reach 250 followers. I have 2 of Sherri Ann Baldy's beautiful dies to one lucky follower. Once I reach 250 followers I will be choosing one lucky crafter by random generator. Please CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT ALL THE DETAILS FOR THE FREE CANDY once I reach my 250th follower - only need a few more followers so pass the word.

If you have persisted to the end of this long post, thank you so very much I would just love you to know how much you are appreciated in my crafting world!

2 comments:

  1. Wow Ange, you have done an amazing job with your post! I loved reading all about you and your stunning work! Have a wonderful Day! Hugs Julie xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julie for taking the time to read my post, you deserve a medal for reading it in it's entirety. You are a fabulous friend, thank you so much for your support and friendship. Hugs Angexxoo

      Delete