Friday, August 29, 2014

Portrait Scrapbook Layout

I have today's post at The Scrapbook Blessings Club!

I would like to share with you some tips when doing a portrait scrapbook layout, using a large photograph.

This is my layout I would like to share with you today.



Products used in this project:
Roses - Enthaily.
My Stash - Black Cardstock, Chipboard Names, Small Blue Embellishments.
Centre Flower - Pinelands Cottage - 8cm Damask Fabric and Organza Flower.
Die Cuts - Kaisercraft Collectables Collection - "Remember Me".

I have entered this layout in the following challenges:
  1. 4 Krafty Girlz Anything Goes 6/09
  2. Sassy Studio Designs It's all about Love 5/09
  3. Brown Sugar Challenge Anything Goes 6/09
Tips to achieve this layout:
  1. Choose a black background - this will make your picture stand out.
  2. I lay the photograph off centre, so it becomes the focus of the layout.
  3. Matt several different sizes and colors of cardstock under the photograph.
  4. Pick your flowers and assemble them before gluing.
  5. Use a large flower for the centre of your flower cluster, then choose several different flowers and embellishments of varying sizes and different color tones to enhance your flower cluster.
  6. Choose just  a couple of word die cuts to complete your layout.
  7. Once you are a happy with how your layout looks, glue everything in place.
I hope you will join us at the  Scrapbook Blessings Club blog and be blessed by these tips!


Happy Crafting and have a blessed day!

10 comments:

  1. Great layout! Thanks for joining us over at Brown Sugar Challenge~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for checking out my layout Shirl, I always appreciate people taking the time to visit my blog.
    Thank you for taking the time to have a look at my entry. Angexxoo

    http://angetreasures.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifull Lay out. Looks soo good . Thank you for joining Brown Sugar Challenge Gr Gea B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for checking out my layout Gea, it's always hard to find a challenge I can enter with my layouts as well as my cards. I appreciate you letting me enter your challenge.

      Thank you for taking the time to have a look at my entry. Angexxoo

      http://angetreasures.blogspot.com.au

      Delete
  4. Very nice LO! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Girls Challenges! Angie-DT

    http://angiescraftblog.blogspot.com/
    http://angiesdigistamps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for checking out my Layout Angie, it's always so hard to find challenges that will let me enter my layouts as well as my cards. I really appreciate you taking the time to stop on by my blog.

      Thank you for taking the time to have a look at my entry. Angexxoo

      http://angetreasures.blogspot.com.au

      Delete
  5. I love your layout! that cluster of embellies is stunning! Thanks for sharing at Sassy Studio Designs! Melissa DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Melissa Thank you for stopping by my blog and checking out my entry for your challenge, I really appreciate you stopping by. I would love you to be one of my followers, only another 21 followers until I give away 2 Sherri Ann Baldy's beautiful dies. Happy Crafting Angexxoo

      http://angetreasures.blogspot.com.au

      Delete
  6. Great layout! Thank you for joining us at Sassy Studio Designs and the DTBST challenge this week! HUGS

    Kim
    SSD DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for checking out my layout Kim, I always appreciate people taking the time to visit my blog.

      Thank you for taking the time to have a look at my entry. Angexxoo

      http://angetreasures.blogspot.com.au

      Delete