Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Family Layout

I have today's post at The Scrapbook Blessings Club!

I would like to share with you a Scrapbook Layout I have been working on, as a couple of years ago I started a Heritage Scrapbook Album for my husband's family after the sad passing of his father.

This is a layout of some of our beautiful grandchildren, I have used some dimension techniques on this layout, with cutting out baubles and adhering them to the baubles on the page with 3D foam, I have also added rhinestones and pearls to them.


Products used on this project:
Cardstock - Kaisercraft CD101 Coconut.
Cardstock - Kaisercraft CD171 Mist.
Cardstock - Kaisercraft CD134 Tomato.
Paper - Kaisercraft St. Nicholas Collection Bellsnickle P1288.
Paper - Kaisercraft Take Note Collection P1275 Memento.
Pearls - Say it with Pearls.
Rhinestones - Molossi.
Flowers - Enthaily.
My Stash - Tags, Hat Pins, Large Centre Flower.

Tips to achieve this layout:
  1. By matting the photograph with two colors of cardstock this will help your picture to stand out.
  2. Try applying a flower cluster in the corner of your layout, I try and have a large centre flower and then add different sized and colored flowers to build my flower cluster. In this one I have also added 2 hat pins.
  3. Try cutting out shapes and adhering them to your layout with 3D foam, I have cut out the baubles and used this technique.
  4. When taking your photographs, try and have a blank background. This will not take the focus from your photograph as too much background matter makes your photograph look to busy.
I hope you will join us at the  Scrapbook Blessings Club blog and be blessed by these tips! 


Happy Crafting and have a blessed day!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Bello for visiting my blog. Crafting Hugs Angexxoo

    http://angetreasures.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete