Saturday, June 20, 2015

Crazy Crafters June Blog Hop

Welcome to the Crazy Crafter's June Blog Hop

Hi Everyone, this month's theme for our blog is "Favourite New Stampin' Up!® Products"!



You have come to Angela Westland through the blog hop, the list of ladies who are participating in this blog hop are at the bottom of this post, I'm sure they would love you to visit their blog and leave them a comment. I would love you to join my blog and become one of my lovely followers.

This was so hard as there are so many fabulous new products in the new Stampin' Up! Catalogue that was released early this month. I have had a lot of fun creating with all the beautiful products. One of my favorite products is the new dotted lace range, I just love how it is so easy to work with! It is a breeze to make a beautiful lace bow with the new range, I hope you visit my STORE and check out all the wonderful new products, please leave a comment if you have any queries.

My Card


I have used a few different techniques creating this card but the utube tutorial under the Utube Tutorials Tab at the top of my page will give you a general idea where I got my ideas from. It is number 36! on the Tutorial list by Handcrafting with Heather!

I decided to use the "Perfect Peacock" stamp for this blog hop, to color the Peacock I firstly created the background of the Peacock by using my acrylic block, stamp pads and some watercolor paper to make the back ground which I stamped my Peacock with Stazon Ink. Then I added some more color to the Peacock by using my ink pads and my aqua painters, cut out my peacock. I then stamped the entire Peacock image with Versamark Ink and embossed it with clear embossing powder and set it aside.

I then stamped a second image of the Peacock with Versamark Ink on Shimmery White Cardstock and embossed it in Gold, I then used my Stampin' Write markers to color the leaves and flowers. I then glued down the peacock I had previously cut out over the Gold Peacock. I also stamped some extra flowers from the peacock stamp, cut them out and using my dauber inked the edges of the flowers before applying them to the card. I have also used the newly released In Color Stamp Pads, the gorgeous Watermelon Dotted Lace, Paper Doily and the Oval Framelits.

Products used on this card:
Cardstock: Delightful Dijon, Whisper White and Shimmery White
Stamp Set: Perfect Peacock, Petite Pairs
Stamp Pads: Delightful Dijon, Watermelon Wonder, Cucumber Crush, Mint Macaron, Versamark
Stampin' Write Markers: Watermelon Wonder, Mint Macaron
Aqua Painters
Watercolor Paper
Die: Ovals Collection Framelits
Embossing Powder: Gold, Clear
Lace: Watermelon Wonder Dotted Lace
Paper Lace Doily
Candy Dots: Regal
Heat Tool
Big Shot
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog



34 comments:

  1. I love this Angie. It makes me want this stamp set now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very intricate work - beautifully rich!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Stephanie, appreciate your lovely comments.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Em, I do appreciate you stopping by. Ange

      Delete
  4. Wow look at all that detail! Piece of art!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Giselle, I just love this stamp. One of my favourite's now. Ange

      Delete
  5. Your peacock is stunning! Love the colours and design!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Nicole. Angexxoo

      Delete
  6. Awesome work Angela. That peacock is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kylie for stopping by, I do appreciate it. Angexxoo

      Delete
  7. I really like your use of a paper doily, and oval die-cut piece, to fan out around the gorgeous peacock, Angela.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou for your lovely comments Christine. Ange

      Delete
  8. I bet the photo of your card doesn't begin to show the show the elegance of your peacock. Lovely card

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Patricia for your lovely comments and you are so right it looks so much better than the picture shows. Angexxoo

      Delete
  9. That peacock is amazing Angela. Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Replies
    1. Thank you Angela , I do appreciate you stopping by.

      Delete
  11. The colour shading on the peacock tail is amazing, very nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carl, nice of you to drop by. Ange

      Delete
  12. That is one striking peacock. LOVE all the finishing touches too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your lovely comments Sue, I do appreciate you taking the time to stop by. Angexxoo

      Delete
  13. A beautiful and colourful way to showcase the peacock. Stunning end result to the card design.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sue for your kind comments. Angexxoo

      Delete
  14. This stamp is such a winner. I love seeing time and again how beautifully you show it off.

    ReplyDelete
  15. After seeing what you've done with this card it makes me want to grab this stamp out again and play with it. It's such a beautiful image.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rosalie, it is a fun stamp to use. So many things you can do with it. Angexxoo

      Delete