Thursday, September 10, 2015

Global Design Project #GDP001 - Festival of Trees

I haven't entered any challenges for a while but this one is something special, all these amazing Stampin' Up! Demonstrators in one place. I can't wait to learn from their skills and hope you will pass the word, I would love you to join my blog and become one of my followers and come on this wonderful journey with me - not one day goes by I don't learn something to encompass my skills with these beautiful Stampin' Up! products!

As my followers and friends know I have dedicated the entire month of September to blog a Christmas Card every second day, today is no different. I have used the beautiful versatile stamp set from Stampin' Up! "Festival of Trees" I hope I have inspired you just a little to make a start on those Christmas cards and if you would like to purchase this Stamp Set Bundle from Stampin' Up! please click HERE!

This challenge with Global Design Project is a Color Challenge using Smoky Slate, Pink Pirouette and So Saffron. Check out the new Challenge Site HERE! and all the wonderful projects from many of the top Stampin' Up! Demonstrators from around the world.

My Card



Products used on this card:
Cardstock: Smoky Slate, Pink Pirouette, So Saffron
Stamp Set Bundle: Festival of Trees
Stamp Pads: Smoky Slate, Pink Pirouette, So Saffron
Punch: Banner Triple Punch, Washi Label
Embossing Folder: Elegant Dots
Ribbon: Pink Pirouette 1/2" Seam Binding
Candy Dots: Neutrals
Glue Dots
Dimensionals

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


How I created the card:
I started by sponging the base cardstock with the Pink Pirouette at the top, then brought the So Saffron color to meet the top color and highlighted the bottom with the Smoky Slate. I then embossed that piece of cardstock with the Elegant Dots embossing folder. I used the Triple Banner Punch to highlight all 3 colors of the cardstock and then embossed these banners also before applying them to my card. I adhered the beautiful Pink Pirouette seam binding to the left side of the card tieing a knot and cutting it off at my desired length. Then I stamped the Festival of Trees images on the 3 different colors of cardstock and layered the top layer with dimensionals and finally added my sentiment.

I hope I have inspired you to give these techniques a try!

Happy Crafting 

16 comments:

  1. What a lovely card Angela - Thank you for playing along with the GDP! I love the sponging you have done and the layers - great use of the colours. Look forward to seeing you play along with us again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by Kylie - I do appreciate it. Angexxxooo

      Delete
  2. What a great card, you know I would have NEVER thought this colour combo for a Christmas card but it totally works. Well done and thanks or playing at Global Design Project. Hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your lovely comments Teneale, I know I thought the same with the colors for a Christmas Card but have another one in blues and I just love the way they have turned out. Ange

      Delete
  3. I love alternative colors for Christmas. This is fantastic! Thanks for sharing with us at Global Design Project. Good luck with the rest of your personal challenge too. A new card everyday? Tough one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shawn for stopping by, I do appreciate all your comments. Ange

      Delete
  4. Angela your card is so beautiful with so many elements and details all working together. Thanks so much for taking the time to play along with us at GDP on our very first challenge!
    P.S. Your blog is SO gorgeous!
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jess, You are too kind, with your lovely comments. I appreciate you taking the time to stop by. Ange

      Delete
  5. I do love non-traditional colors for the holidays. These work perfectly here. Thank you for playing along with this week's Global Design Project color challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Brian for stopping by, I do appreciate you visiting my blog. Ange

      Delete
  6. Hi Angela! What a lovely change to see these different coloured Christmas Trees and I love the sponging work! Thanks so much for playing along to our first Global Design Project. Louise xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Louise for stopping by, after using blues for a Christmas Card I was challenged by your Color Challenge to make another Christmas Card. As I am showcasing a Christmas Card on my blog every 2 days during September. I am loving this color scheme and was surprised how it turned out. Angexxoo

      Delete