Sunday, October 18, 2015

Crazy Crafters October Blog Hop


Welcome to the Crazy Crafters Blog Hop for October. This month we are excited to show off some amazing fun folds. We hope you find great inspiration from the projects shown in the blog hop, I'm sure all our designers would appreciate a visit from you. You may just be starting the blog hop here at my blog - Angela Westland or may have come from the person previous to me in the list. If you get off track at any time, the full lineup in the list below will help you move along from blog to blog so you see all the projects. At the moment you are visiting Angela Westland.

I decided to try to do a Bendi Fold Card with matching box to present it in as it is my Mother In Law's 87th Birthday this month and wanted to do something special for her. I have been looking at these Bendi fold cards for awhile and wasn't game to try one, now I have done one I can't wait to try another in a different theme. They are great as you are setting a scene, it's like a 3D picture, this is the part I found most challenging, to create the fold is very easy. I have put the tutorial by Bibiana under the "More Than 1 Fold" tab at the top of this page for you to see the base of creating this card, then all you have to do is decorate it as desired. This is the BOX TUTORIAL I designed for my cards many years ago, I hope you find it helpful, if you follow the instructions it helps you to design any size gift box you need. Also, here is the Gift Bow Bigz L Die tutorial that I have decorated on top of my box. Also, a big thank you to Paula Knall on her tutorial how to make the curtains for the windows using your Deco Labels Framelits.

My Bendi Fold Card


My Handmade Gift Box to present the card in!



Products used in my project:
Cardstock: Shimmery White, Old Olive, Bermuda Bay, Daffodil Delight
DSP: Winter Wonderland
Stamp Sets: Hardwood (for my fence), Papillon Potpourri, Flower Patch, Butterflies Basics
Stamp Pads: Bermuda Bay, Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Whisper White
Framelits: Hearth and Home, Deco Labels, Flower Flair, Butterflies Thinlits
Die: Gift Bow Bigz L 
Punches: Bird Builder, Bitty Butterfly, Elegant Butterfly, Washi Label
Simply Scored Plate
Embellishments:
Antique Brads
Metallic Sequin Assortment
Metal Rimmed Pearls
Gold Cord
Dimensionals
Jeweled Rhinestones
Adhesives:
Tear and Tape
Fine Tip Glue Pen
Multi Purpose Glue
Big Shot



Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog




27 comments:

  1. Love the colours you have used here Angela......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vicki Can't wait to make a Christmas one now - am addicted to them.

      Delete
  2. So lovely. What a wonderful scene you have created.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you Sue - I really enjoyed creating this one. Angexx

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa, appreciate your comments. Angexx

      Delete
  6. Totally amazing Angie. will have to try one of these one day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew you would want to try one Wendy - they are so addictive but a lot of work. I just love them. Angexx

      Delete
  7. Great work Angela. Awesome colour combo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow just lovely! I'm really loving your colour combination - great work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cool card. I love the picket fence you created and the little scene is darling as well as the beautiful box you created for your fine. Card. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comments Jean, I do appreciate you taking the time to take a look at my card. Angexx

      Delete
  10. I love this fold and I love that you made a box to give your card away in :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Lisa, my mother in law absolutely loved it, she just turned 87!! I really loved making this one, was my first attempt at a Bendi fold and the fold isn't that hard. I found designer the scene the challenge. Thanks for stopping by and I would love you to become one of my followers if you aren't alreadyas I plan to do more different fold cards and have a great one coming up next month in November.hugs Angexx

      Delete