Saturday, November 28, 2015

Christmas Card - Sponge A Scene

I always wanted to try to create a landscape scene on a card, this is quite a large card being 9 inches long but I really enjoyed the techniques used to create this scene. I know my Dad will appreciate this type of Christmas Card being the creative soul he is and loving a challenge. It was a difficult card to photograph, I think this is because  of the sponging technique that was used in the tutorial. I prefer to use my dauber and sponge in a very soft circular motion. I find it a lot easier to add more color as with the darker colors it makes it harder to blend if you use a heavy hand.

Here is the Tutorial for this type of card by Carol Gatton, you will see what I mean with her sponging she seems to do it quite heavily in the centre where I prefer a soft circular motion hardly touching the cardstock, I find this leaves a lot softer finished look.

I would like to enter this card over at
 Just Keep On Creating, check this new challenge site out it is growing so fast with many entries entering each challenge.
 Just Keep On Creating

Also would like to enter this card - my absolute favourite stamp set into the challenge at WWYS!

 What Will Ypu Stamp

My Landscape Card




Products used in this card:
Cardstock: Whisper White, Mint Macaron
Stamp Set: Christmas Cuties (Sentiment), Lovely As A Tree
Stamp Pads: Wild Wasabi, Always Artichoke, Pear Pizzazz, Soft Sky, mint Macaron
Punches: Oval - 2"x1-3/8", Scallop Oval -Large
Candy Dots: Home For Christmas Enamel Dots
Multipurpose Liquid Glue
Dimensionals
Daubers
Sponges
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog



7 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, I like how the top of your back trees go over the edge of the sponging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a gorgeous card Angela. I love the sponged scene you have created, looks amazing. Thanks so much for sharing your card at Anything goes November link-up, Just keep on creating and make sure to enter your creations in the December link-up starting today.
    Susan xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Suz I willl keep entering as many as I can, I am giving this to my Dad as he will appreciate the scene and size of the card I have created. Angexx

      Delete