Saturday, November 21, 2015

Faux Illusion

I have seen this "Faux Illusion" technique done a few different ways and so I have tried it and it does look quite effective on the finished card. Here is the Faux Illusion Technique Tutorial by France Martin. I did mine a little differently but has the same effect. I stamped the trees  directly onto the embossing folder, then placed a piece of Soft Sky Cardstock in the embossing folder and put it through my Big Shot. Then using a dauber and Whisper White ink I  rubbed it into the raised trees on the cardstock. I find using a dauber is a lot more precise and you are less likely to get ink on your card.

I would like to enter this card into the 
Just Keep On Creating blog site, make sure you pay Suz a visit over on her site. It is growing very fast with lots of entries.

 Just Keep On Creating
My Card



Products used on this card:
Cardstock: Whisper White, Soft Sky, Shimmery White, Early Espresso
Stamp Sets: Flurry of Wishes (Sentiment), Lovely As A Tree
Stamp Pads: Whisper White, Old Olive, Pear Pizzazz
Embossing Folders: Softly Falling, Woodland
Stampin' Up! Marker: Early Espresso
Dazzling Details: Silver Sparkle
Multi Purpose Liquid Glue
Daubers
Big Shot
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog



6 comments:

  1. Love this beautiful card- I have to try this- great look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comment. Ange:)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I truely do appreciate it. Would love you to join my blog as a follower. Angexx

      Delete
  3. Oh Wow, this Christmas card is so lovely. The scene you have created looks amazing, makes me want to experience a white christmas.Thanks so much for sharing your card at Anything goes November link-up, Just keep on creating
    Susan xx

    ReplyDelete