Saturday, November 7, 2015

Flower Shop Card - Embossing and Sponging

I thought I would do this technique I love and haven't done it for a while, I stamped the flowers in Versamark Ink and embossed them with white embossing powder, heat set. Then I sponged the flowers using some daubers and cut them out with the corresponding punch. You can hand cut them if you prefer, I then using a bone folder curled the flowers and applied them to the card with the fine tip glue pen. I love how this gives it a 3D effect as my base cardstock is Melon Mambo then I used my "Lots of Labels" framelits to cut out the centre. Stamped my sentiment from the "Feel Goods" stamp set and embossed the top layer with Elegant Dots embossing folder. I then applied the top layer that I embossed with dimensionals to give the 3D effect!!

I would like to enter this card in two challenges today, please check both challenges out and be inspired by the cards already entered. As we are created to share our knowledge of our craft, that is how we learn from each other.

With Pinterest Challenge it is my take on all of the lovely flowers embossed by the lovely Anja, I took it one step further by sponging them once I embossed them and cut them out before adding them to my card.

 Pinterest Inspired Challenge

One of my favourite site's is Just Keep On Creating as Susan gives me the freedom to create whatever I like. This is an awesome challenge blog that anyone can enter whatever their heart desires.

 Just Keep On Creating

My Card


Products used on this card:
Cardstock: Whisper White, Melon Mambo, Garden Green, Shimmery White
Stamp Set: Flower Shop
Stamp Pads: Melon Mambo, Early Espresso, Daffodil Delight, Archival Black

4 comments:

  1. This card is really pretty Angela, the flowers are so pretty and frame the sentiment really well, such a lovely card. Thanks so much for sharing your card at Anything goes November link-up, Just keep on creating
    Susan xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susan, I do appreciate you leaving comments. Your blog has become so popular with so many entries. hugs Angexx

      Delete
  2. Angela, your flowers are just gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining us at Pinterest Inspired Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I think this is a challenge site I will try and enter each month. I just love it. Angexx

      Delete