Thursday, December 17, 2015

Masking and Sponging Lovely As A Tree

I just love this stamp set so much, I just hope it never retires. I have tried one of my favourite technique's - Sponging with some Masking and just love the result. I have  made two cards, the first one is a very basic style then I have stepped it up a bit with the second card by using some layers of torn cardstock, crochet trim, buttons and some twine.

I would like to enter this card into the 
"Just Keep On Creating" Blog Challenge!

 Just Keep On Creating

 Word Art Wednesday

Crop Stop

 Crop Stop

My Card

My Second Card - stepping it up with adding some layers.


Products used in these cards:
Cardstock: Mossy Meadow, Always Artichoke, Whisper White
Stamp Sets: Lovely As A Tree, Feel Goods
Stamp Pads: Chocolate Chip,Mossy Meadow, Marina Mist, Always Artichoke 
Trim: Venetian Crochet, Linen Thread
Buttons: Designer Very Vintage
Glue Dots, Snail Permanent Adhesive
Daubers, Sponges
Bone Folder
Stampin Trimmer

Tip: For my template I just cut a piece of paper the same size as my white card front and randomly made a cut in a rectangular shape, then tore out carefully that centre of the piece of cardstock - this then became my template. Using sponges I sponged on 3 levels, my darkest color in the centre, blue at top for sky and a lighter color at the bottom then removed the template and stamped my images onto the card front. 




6 comments:

  1. A very unique work of art. Thank you so much for taking time to post your very creative art with us this week at Word Art Wednesday in our 214th FF AG challenge! Advent Blessings, Carole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carole - just loving your challenge site. Angexx

      Delete
  2. Hi Angela! I'm always SO delighted to see your wonderful cards linked to our challenges at Word Art Wednesday, and really can't thank you enough for playing along with us. It's a real treat, and I thank you. I want to also invite you to stop by and play along with us at CropStop - always Anything Goes and it would be such a treat to have you share your cards with us there as well. I hope you'll stop by to check it out.
    Blessings to you,
    Karen Letchworth

    Here's the link:
    http://www.cropstop.com/blog/uncategorized/linky-party-11-anything-goes/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Karen, I will check the other site out as well. Angexx

      Delete