I just can't believe we are on the Eve of Christmas Day already, where has the year gone. It has been such a whirl wind of a year for me and I just love being part of this wonderful Stampin' Up! Team. Here we are at our December blog hop and just what I love "Bring On The Bling" Yahhhhh!! It was a challenge with the taking of photo's for this project, I think I ended up with more Dazzling Diamonds on me than this lovely evening bag that any little girl would love.
I used the beautiful "Timeless Elegance Designer Series Paper" and colored the roses with the Real Red Stampin Marker, stamped all the paper with a versamark ink pad then coated it with Heat and Stick - heat dried to set then a coat of dazzling diamonds. Just love it.
My "Timeless Elegance" Evening Bag
'Bring On The Bling'
Front of my Evening Bag
Angle View of Back of my Evening Bag
Products used to make this evening bag:
Cardstock: Basic Black
DSP: Timeless Elegance
Stamp Pad: Versamark Ink
Stampin Write Marker: Real Red
Ribbon: Basic Black Stitched Satin 3/8"
Lace: Sahara Sand
Gold CordHeat and Stick Powder
Tear and Tape
- Score a 12 x 12 inch piece of Basic Black Cardstock at 1/2", 5", 7" and 11.5" then turn the piece of cardstock 90 degrees on your scoring board and score at 2.5" and 9.5".
- Patterned Paper for the outside of your bag, this will determine the style of your bag, you will need two pieces of Designer Series Paper that both measure 4-3/8"x6-7/8".
- You may like to make a closure flap for your card, I decided to make pin holes on mine and thread some Gold cord but if you would like to make a flap you will need a piece of cardstock that measures 5.5" x 2.5" and score it at 2-5/8" and at 3-1/8". You can make a hole on the side that will need to close, you may like to use a designer button to fit through a slot in your piece of cardstock - you could punch a window with the washi label punch - this would enable you to slot a button on the bag that the slot opening could easily be opened and closed by the button.
- Once you have scored all your lines fold on all scored lines.
- Glue patterened designer series paper onto bag taking into account how you glue the paper on the bag, how it will appear when bag is standing upright.
- Using mini brads and ribbon to make handles for bag, make sure you insert them before you glue flaps down.
- Glue both half inch scored areas down so it leaves a neat line over your designer series paper.
- Using tear and tape glue your bag together.
- Make your flap so your bag has a closure.
Timeless Elegance Evening Bag