Friday, December 11, 2015

Swallowtail

I thought I'd get one of my favourite stamps's out "The Swallowtail", it's such a big stamp but there is so much that can be done with it. This time I decided to have 2 layers of the Swallowtail, the first having part of the wing cut away to reveal the Real Red Cardstock - my first panel on my card. Then with the second Swallowtail I cut even more away to reveal the Real Red Swallowtail underneath with the Tempting Turquoise Swallowtail on the top layer. With the Tempting Turquoise Swallowtail I stamped it with my Versamark Ink Pad and embossed it with Clear Embossing Powder which did give me a bit of a challenge when photographing the card as it tends to have that lovely sheen on it which sometimes can leave a glare in the photo. I hope you like it  and are inspired to give it a try!! 

There's no rules where to cut the Swallowtail to make your layers, just do cut away a portion to reveal the floating Swallowtail - this seems to be one of my most popular with my customers for all occasions. It is great as Thank You cards and as Invites as well. 

I would also like you all to check out the new site
Just Keep On Creating I will be entering this card over at Suz's Site. 


Just Keep On Creating

My Swallowtail Card


Products used in this card:
Cardstock: Whisper White, Very Vanilla, Real Red
Stamp Sets: Swallowtail, Sassy Salutations
Stamp Pads: Tempting Turquoise, Real Red, Versamark Ink 
Embossing Powder: Clear
Multipurpose Glue
Fine - Tip Glue Pen
Heat Tool
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


Happy Crafting!!

6 comments:

  1. This is very beautiful! I so love butterflies and you did a fabulous creation with this. Hugs, Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Robin, I love it when people take the time to leave a comment and I would love you to join my blog if you are able . During December and January I will be posting a card every 2 days. Angexx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a gorgeous card Angela, the main image stands out beautifully. Hope you are having an enjoyable festive season, it has come around so quickly. Thanks so much for sharing your card at Anything goes December link-up, Just keep on creating
    Susan xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Suz, I would like to wish you a wonderful Christmas and I just love your challenge blog so much and can see it has become very popular in a short time. Angexx

      Delete
    2. Thanks so so much for your support of Just keep on creating, it's always a pleasure to see your beautiful creations :)

      Delete
    3. This is one of my favourite stamps Suz, I just love the Swallowtail. Angexx

      Delete