Welcome back to another year everyone and I would like to wish you all a Happy New Year and welcome to our first Blog Hop for the Mediterranean Achievers Blog Hop for 2016! This month our challenge theme was "All You Need Is Love" I have made a Faceted Gift Box and decorated it using the Stampin' Up! Spiral Flower die and used the new Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Pen on my roses.
Tip: to make a double rose just cut out 2 of the Spiral Flower Die and roll them together - it makes a gorgeous large rose for decorating boxes, I used Glimmer White and Red Cobbler cardstock to make a two tone rose. I also added a tag for the theme "All You Need Is Love" as what more love is there when a couple make that step to become one in marriage.
Spiral Flower Faceted Gift Box
Front View of Faceted Box
Stamp Pad: Cherry Cobbler
Punches: Tag Topper, Bow Builder
Envelope Punch Board
Metal Rimmed Pearls
Wink of Stella Glitter Pen - Clear
Multi Purpose Liquid Glue
Fine - Tip Glue Pen
Tear and Tape
Instructions on how to make the box:
- Cut 2 x 7" x 7" pieces of cardstock
- Using the envelope punch board lign it up on the envelope punch board at 3.5" and cut and score on each side of your two pieces of cardstock.
- Using your Score Board score at 3/8" mark on all sides of your cardstock.
- Remove with scissors the small square on each corner on both pieces.
- Choose which piece is going to be your lid and using your scissors remove one side on the scored line - this will be your opening for your box - where I have used Gold Cord as my closure on the box.
- Burnish all scored lines with your bone folder.
- If you are going to decorate your box with DSP, you will need: 1 piece of DSP at 4-1/8" x 4-1/8" (this is for the top of your box. 2 Pieces cut at 3" x 3" then cut both pieces diagonally and they are your pieces for the side of your box.
- Lign up your two pieces of cardstock and where you have cut away for your lid opening - on your other piece of cardstock that ligns up with that opening DO NOT put any tear and tape on those two pieces as you do not want this part to be stuck down. You want this as your opening.
- Apply Tear and Tape on the folded scored sides of the piece that is going to be your bottom of your box and carefully remove the tear and tape in sections and align your piece of cardstock with the top piece of cardstock and adhere all the way around to form your box.
- Decorate as desired.