Sunday, February 21, 2016

Crazy Crafters February Blog Hop


Welcome Back everyone for a very exciting blog hop this month, our theme this month was we had to take one of the cards made by the very talented "Patty Bennett" and be inspired by her card to make our own creation. I have been wanting to make this card for a little while as it has many techniques and showcases 4 different Stampin' Up! current stamp sets.  I chose to take the 3 colors from Patty's card as my inspiration to make my own card for you this month. Take the time to click on the list at the bottom of this post so you can see all the wonderful projects the team has made this month - I am sure you will be inspired!!

I have recently started up my own utube channel to share some of my techniques and card folds I have done, I am hoping to do 2 tutorials each week, I would love you to subscribe to my channel HERE!! Once there if you click on the playlists you will see I have organised all the tutorials into folders to make it easier for you to find the tutorial you are interested in.

This is Patty's lovely card that I chose to be inspired by to create my own project by using the 3 colors she has used on her card. Watermelon Wonder, Calypso Coral and Wild Wasabi.

My Card - Closed



 My Card - Open




Products Used:
Cardstock: Whisper White, Shimmery White, Wild Wasabi, Watermelon Wonder, Calypso Coral
Stamp Sets: Swallowtail, Summer Silhouettes, Papillon Potpourri, Sassy Salutations
Stamp Pads: Wild Wasabi, Calypso Coral, Watermelon Wonder, Memento Black, Stazon Black
Punches: 2-3/8" Circle Scallop, Elegant Butterfly, Blossom Bunch
Embossing Folder: Woodgrain
Stampin Write Markers: Wild Wasabi, Watermelon Wonder
Project Life Journalling Pen: used to define areas on the Swallowtail Stamp
Iced Rhinestones
Sequin Assortment: Brights
Wink of Stella Glitter Brush: Clear
Dimensionals
Sponges
Fine-Tip Glue Pen
Tear and Tape
Snail Adhesive
Stazon Cleaner
Big Shot








32 comments:

  1. Love you card Angela! Beautifully made. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you Tamie, have been wanting to do this card for awhile - a lot easier than I though it would be. Angexx

      Delete
  3. You've put a lot of work into this card, it's really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you Sue, I love this technique. Angexx

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. It's quite effective when you open the card and the large butterfly pops up. Angexx

      Delete
  6. Great Card Angela.....the centre is great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card Angela! So much work has paid off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Nicole, appreciate your comment. Angexx

      Delete
  8. So so nice Angela, I has to look at it twice oh and read what you wrote too lol as I thought they were two separate cards. the colours in the Butterfly are wonderful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great technique Christine as you open the card the Butterfly pops up. Angexx

      Delete
  9. Very lovely colour combinationa!! awesome card Angela

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carolina I just love this technique. Angexx

      Delete
  10. Wonderful Angela! TFS - I have subscribed to your YouTube channel. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kylie , and thank you for subscribing to my channel. I am trying my hardest to get it up and running and really appreciate your support. Angexx

      Delete
  11. Wow.. beyond amazing.. Love it!!! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Patty, it means a lot to me for you to leave such a lovely comment. I have just started up my own utube channel 2 weeks ago, so am so busy. I love trying new things and sharing it with others to try. Angexx

      Delete
  12. Replies
    1. Thank you Cynthia - I have just started my own utube channel up - if you have time would love you to subcribe.

      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcFDjRkBcuuleQBlvyEOIeA/videos?view_as=public

      Angexxoo

      Delete
  13. Replies
    1. Thanks so much Kate, I really enjoyed doing this one. Angexx

      Delete