Monday, February 1, 2016

English Garden Gift Bag

I thought I should start using some of my DSP so I have made this cute little Gift Bag for a thank you gift for a friend. It is quite easy to make and I will put the instructions at the bottom of this post, I would appreciate you joining as one of my followers if you haven't already, once I reach 300 followers I am giving away some Craft Candy!!

 crop stop


 open minded challenge


My English Garden Gift Bag

Side View


Products Used:
Cardstock: Night of Navy, Whisper White
DSP: English Garden
Punches: Scalloped Circle 2-3/8", Scalloped Circle 1-3/4"
Stamp Set: One Big Meaning
Stamp Pad: Night of Navy
Ribbon: Whisper White Stitched Satin 3/8"

Instructions:
  1. Cut your piece of cardstock at 8" x 12"
  2. Score on the 8" side at 1.5" and 6".
  3. The 6" Score line will be the top of your bag.
  4. Score on the 12" side at 4", 5.5", 9.5" and 11".
  5. Burnish all your score lines with your bone folder.
  6. On your 11" score line cut off the two outer squares.
  7. Mitre cut the piece that is left slightly on the both sides of the piece that is left.
  8. Cut the score lines on the bottom up to the first score line.
  9. Apply your tear and tape to the bottom flap that is left and fold over to adhere.
  10. Adhere your bottom of the bag and fold and stick.
  11. With your top of the bag pinch in the sides and follow it through to the edge, then fold over as shown in my picture.
  12. Embellish as desired.


12 comments:

  1. Eye Catching beauty the project is simply fab. Thanks for joining in on the fun over at Open-Minded Crafting Fun. We look forward to seeing you again.
    Hugs    
    Berni,DT
    open-mindedcraftingfun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Berni, I do appreciate you stopping by. Angexx

      Delete
  2. hello Angela . Great paper makes it easier to create beautiful projects .Fabulous frame for sentiment too . Thanks for sharing with us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun challenge .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shirley - Anne I think I'll have to do a tutorial on this one. Angexx

      Delete
  3. Love this little bag! The colors are beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Open Minded Crafting fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Bag Angela. I particularly love the designer paper you have used and how you have touched it off with your ribbon tie. Great work.
    Thank you for sharing with us over here at Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenge and best of luck with your entry.
    Annette DT Member

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Annette, maybe I will do a tutorial on it, such an easy bag to do. This is my utube channel I have started, https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcFDjRkBcuuleQBlvyEOIeA
      Would love you to subscribe if you have the time. Hoping to do a tutorial once a week. Thank you my friend. Angexx

      Delete
  5. You have a new follower in me :) And I love your bag! It is so beautiful! Love the colors, the papers. Love the Thank You and that ribbon. Just absolutely gorgeous!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges!!! Good Luck! I hope we see you again!!

    - Susan, Owner @ Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges
    {Scrap A Thousand Words}
    {Sentimental Susan - Etsy}
    {Sentimental Susan - Zibbet}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Susan, I have also started up my own utube channel if you are interested in subscribing, I am hoping to have 1 tutorial go up weekly. Utube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcFDjRkBcuuleQBlvyEOIeA/videos
      thank you so much for being one of my followers. You have made my day. Angexx

      Delete
  6. So pretty! Love the colors in your bag and thanks for the instructions!! Thanks for joining us at Open Minded Crafting Fun Challenges! Hope you come join us again!!

    lovies, =o) kel
    Open-Minded DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries Kel, I was just thinking I should do a utube tutorial on this one. Angexx

      Delete