Saturday, July 23, 2016

Lovely As A Tree Christmas

I thought I'd give this Color Challenge a try for the Global Design Project, I have used a technique to achieve the background by stamping Melon Mambo and Smoky Slate from my ink pad onto a Acrylic Block then pressing it down to transfer the ink onto a piece of shimmery white cardstock. Left to dry for a few minutes, then using the Flurry of Wishes largest snowflake I have stamped it on using it as a background stamp. Then I have stamped my Christmas Tree from the Lovely As A Tree Stamp Set added some Heat and Stick then some glitter (heat to set ) and a metallic sequin at the top of the tree. Finally stamped and punched out the smaller two snow flakes and added them to the card using dimensionals, applied some regal enamel shapes, metal rimmed pearls and some smoky slate ribbon.

 color challenge
My Card



Products Used:
Cardstock: Basic Black, Smoky Slate, Melon Mambo, Shimmery White
Stamp Sets: Flurry of Wishes, Lovely As A Tree
Ink Pads: Melon Mambo, Smoky Slate, Basic Black
Punches: Snow Flurry
Ribbon: Smoky Slate 1/8" stitched
Enamel Shapes: Regal
Metal Rimmed Pearls
Sequins: Metallic Assortment
Dimensionals
Adhesive: Snail
Stampin' Trimmer




2 comments:

  1. Angela, what a pretty Christmas card...I never would have thought to use these colors. Thanks for joining us at Global Design Project this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Connie to be honest I wasn't really happy with this card, but thought it may inspire some to use the Lovely As A Tree stamp. I think we are our worst critics of our work, just when I don't like something I have created so many others then would like to learn the technique. So you just never know. Angexxx

      Delete