Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Twisted Easel Card Guy Greetings


Welcome back to another one of our famous blog hop's during this month of August, we always have a wonderful inspirational creative person join us each blog hop. I am super excited to have the inspirational and very talented Dawn Olchefske, I have watched a few of Dawn's tutorial's and find her very easy to learn from even if it is through social media. I am thrilled to have Dawn join us as our very special guest, make sure you click on her name or the photograph below to check out her blog for some awesome new techniques, cards and projects to inspire you.

 dawn blog

Our theme this week for our Blog Hop is to choose one of Dawn's cards/projects and CASE.
(Copy and Selectively Edit one of Dawn's cards or projects and create your own)

This is Dawn's card I have chosen to CASE:

 

With my card I have chosen to use the Woodlands Embossing Folder as in Dawn's card, wet embossed it through my Big Shot using my Daubers and Ink Pads. Then I stamped the entire embossed woodlands with a versamark ink pad, coated it with clear embossing powder and heat to set. This leaves a lovely shiny finish to the embossed piece of cardstock.

I then applied it to a Twisted Easel Card and used the "Guy Greetings" stamp set to use the repetition technique with the car stamp image and applied it to my card. Added some more dimension to the card and of course some Clear Wink of Stella on my car and hat stamps from the stamp set. I have made a "Happy Father's Day Greeting" and using some dimensionals to use it as a stopper so my card would stand open.



My Card
Angle Shot

Close Up




Products Used:
Cardstock: Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, Cajun Craze, Very Vanilla
Stamp Set: Guy Greetings
Ink Pads: Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, Cajun Craze, Versamark
Embossing Folder: Woodlands
Embossing Powder: Clear
Wink of Stella: Clear
Enamel Dots: Metallic
Daubers
Dimensionals
Adhesive: Tear & Tape, Snail Runner
Heat Tool
Stampin' Trimmer
Big Shot







32 comments:

  1. I particularly like your embossed background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Angela, Your Background is beautiful. Great fussy cutting too around those Vehicles, something I will say is on the bottom of my list for dislikes lol.

    Wonderful Cards especially for Fathers Day being just around the corner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've done a lot of fussy cutting Christine, it's very addictive when you get into it.Angexo

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank You Angela just don't have enough of them lately. Angexo

      Delete
  4. I've got the same set but haven't used it yet but now I'm inspired. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Satomi, I love this set for my male cards. Angexo

      Delete
  5. Wow I loved the textured look. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Rosalie I use this technique quite a bit. Angexo

      Delete
  6. Fantastic colour combination Ange, I'm loving the twist on your card too! One that I have not yet tried so thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You so much Carolina, that means a lot to me coming from you. I love your cards and projects. You are awesome. Angexo

      Delete
  7. WOW Angela :) this is amazing that background is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card Angela. Great colour combo and I love the subtle sparkles.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very masculine and perfect colour choice. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your background Ange - looks almost like copper embossed. Great colours for male cards and the fold is fabulous. :) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You so much Juana, I have had a lot of interest with the utube tutorial. Angexo

      Delete
  11. Great demonstration of this technique Ange-enjoyed your video as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Lisa I'm trying my best with the tutorials they seem to be popular. Angexo

      Delete
  12. Angela, as always your cards are stunning - I love the masculine theme and your tutorials are so easy to follow - love everything about this CASE xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You so much Leisa, you are a gem thank you for such a lovely comment. Angexo

      Delete