Thursday, June 15, 2017

Stampin Dreams Blog Hop


Thank You for stopping by my very first time hopping with Stampin' Dreams, our theme for this hop this time is to use a Carry Over Item from the Ocassions Catalogue to our wonderful brand new Annual Catalogue that goes live on 1st June. I have chosen to use the stamp set "Mediterranean Moments". Hard to believe but this is the first time I've actually used this stamp set. I have seen many people using it but wanted to do something different with it so I hope you like my card.

With my card I have used the Triple Time Technique for my layout, I have used Watercolour Paper as what I stamp on and the Crumb Cake Cardstock as the base colour of my card. I first started by adhering the 3 panels of  Watercolour Paper together with a very little amount of snail just to keep the panels in place so I could work on them without them moving. I then started stamping my images with Stazon Jet Black Ink on the Watercolouring Paper and then sponged lightly with Crumb Cake Ink Pad and a Blending Tool over the entire 3 panels. I then used my zig brush pens to watercolour all the images. Once I did this I carefully separated the 3 layers of Watercolour Paper and adhered the layers to my Crumb Cake Cardstock layers alternatively. Finally adding some ribbon, pearls and a sentiment, then adhering it all to the front of my card.

My Card








Cardstock Colour Combo

Products Used:
Cardstock: Crumbcake, Whisper White
Stamp Set: Mediterranean Moments
Sentiment: Banners for You Stamp Set
Framelits: Stitched Shaped
Ink Pad: Crumbcake
Blending  Tool
Colouring: Zig Colour Markers
Ribbon: Tanquil Tide 1/2" Finely Woven
Jewels: Pearls
Dimensionals
Adhesives: Snail Runner, Multipurpose Liquid Glue
Stampin' Up!® Trimmer
Big Shot

Mat Sizes to create the Triple Time Technique:
Base Colour: Crumb Cake
11"x4.25" and scored at 5.5 inches
3.25"x4.5"
2.25"x3.5"
Watercolour Paper-my alternate colour
4"x5.25"
3"x4.25"
2"x3.25"


You are currently visiting Angela Westland Blog please refer to the list below to hop through all the wonderful cards/ projects we have made for you and I hope you are inspired to join us next time.






33 comments:

  1. Oh Wow, I just love how you have done this card :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Imogen. I do appreciate your comments. Angexx

      Delete
  2. Superb technique and spot on layering of it! LOVE it. Your card has a warm vintage feel with it Angela, well done xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Kim, I do love this technique. Angexx

      Delete
  3. I really like the layering effect - beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning. Great technique and I love your colour choices.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've given that stamp set a whole new look with your stamping and inking techniques!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Sara, appreciate your comment. Angexx

      Delete
  6. What a beautiful card Angela, I have never thought to use this design with this set, it works really well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Irene, with this stamp set when using it with this technique I found it best to only use one image otherwise it looks too busy. Angexx

      Delete
  7. Love that pop of tranquil tide! Thank you for joining in this month's Stampin Dreams blog hop xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Jessie, Loved joining in this blog hop. You are doing a amazing job. Angexx

      Delete
  8. Wow! Ange, Love this stamp technique. The layout is very captivating and your colouring is absolutely gorgeous. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You so much Juana, it's best just with the one image rather than trying to use several. Angexx

      Delete
  9. Wow, Ange! I would have never have envisioned this card with this stamp set... the pops of color, the ribbon and the pearls make it appear like a romantic walk along a cobblestone street in any quaint setting. Thanks for the inspiration! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You so much Angie for your lovely comments. I do appreciate you stopping by my blog. It's a very versatile stamp set if you use different techniques. Angexx

      Delete
  10. WOW!!!!!!!! What a great technique for this stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, Angela! This is a really lovely vintage card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nice, Angela! The vintage look and techniques make a beauty. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a lovely card Angela....I love layering like this

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card Angela - all that beautiful detail - Angela xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great way to reinvent this technique and stamp set. I love the vintage feel with the pops of colour.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I adore the way you have used this set with such a great technique

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Ellen, thank you popping by my blog. I do appreciate it. Angexx

      Delete
  17. Such a fabulous layout and a very beauftiful creation, Angela. D xox

    ReplyDelete