Sunday, July 2, 2017

Guy Greetings Double Take


Hi Crafters, Welcome to our first Blog Hop for July with our very special talented guest Tanya Boser. Please visit Tanya's Blog HERE!!!!! to get some inspiration from her beautiful cards and projects. The theme this hop is to CASE one of Tanya's Cards/ Projects. Case: Copy and Selectively Edit.

Tanya Boser



Tanya's Card using the Guy Greetings Stamp Set



I have been making some male cards with this wonderful stamp set "Guy Greetings", it has become my go to stamp set for my male cards. I love the versatility of the stamp set using different techniques. Check out my UTUBE CHANNEL for some tutorials coming very soon on this set.

With my card I started off making my base card with Night of Navy Cardstock, next layer was Cherry Cobbler Cardstock and then the third layer was the new DSP Wood Textures (this is a great DSP for all your male cards). Using my Stitched Shaped Framelits I cut a piece of watercolour paper with the largest oval and sponged it with my brayer using Soft Sky, Blushing Bride and Pear Pizzazz Ink Pads to create a background. I then using the two largest oval shapes together created a border around the cut out oval on the front of the card. I stamped and coloured the image of the car and watercoloured it with my Aqua Painter and Ink Pads and adhered it to the sponged background. I then used dimensionals to adhere the second car. Finally added some other images with dimensionals from the same stamp set and some of the lovely new 3/8" Basic Black Shimmer Ribbon.

My Card










Cardstock Colour Combination


Ink Colour Combination


Products Used:
Cardstock: Night of Navy, Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White
Stamp Set: Guy Greetings
Framelits: Stitched Shaped 
Ink Pads: Cherry Cobbler, Basic Black, Pear Pizzazz, Soft Sky, Blushing Bride
Aqua Painter
Watercolouring Paper
Sponge Brayer
Ribbon: Shimmer 3/8" Basic Black
Wink of Stella: Clear
Stampin' Dimensionals
Stampin' Mini Dimensionals
Bone Folder
Adhesives: Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Tear and Tape
Stampin' Up!® Trimmer
Big Shot







15 comments:

  1. Awesome Ange! I just love that wood grain and the use of the Stitching thinlits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ange, that's stunning! You're cutting skills are out of this world! And I love the colour combination in your (pefectly) sponged background. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Stephanie, you are too kind. This is my stamp set to go to when doing my male themed cards. The sponged area was a breeze with the new spong brayer. I will be doing some tutorials on these cards this month over on my utube channel if you want to check it out. Angexx

      Delete
  3. Great male card! I wouldn't normally pair navy & black together yet it works on this card, and the images & stamped images looks really beautiful! Well done :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Lorin, I was really happy how this card turned out. I would make it again for a male themed card. Angexx

      Delete
  4. Awesome Angela! What a fantastic card and take on Tanya's project. You really have made it your own. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great masculine card Angela. The colours you've used work so well together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an awesome masculine card! Love all the great images :) Thank you for allowing me to take part in your wonderful blog hop :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You so much Tanya for the lovely comment, it was awesome having you hop with us this month. Angexx

      Delete
  7. Great colouring for the cars xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it Angela! I always admire a well made male card, not enough of them xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great choice Ange! Love this stamp set I hope it never retires!

    ReplyDelete